Monday, June 07, 2004

BTW, the process is as follows:

1. If you think you have been graded lower in a way that is a civil rights violation (race, gender, sexual orientation, place of origin), you can file a formal grievance and a committee will be formed to investigate and, if they find in your favor, they will change the grade without permission of instructor;


2. Otherwise, you can only file a grade complaint, stating reasons you think you have been misgraded, the committee investigates, makes a recommendation, but the final decision rests with the instructor.


I no longer know whether this is worth it. I think they have acted like scoundrels and I don't like them to think they can just invent grades--and I do think there are "prejudices" working in my case. I don't know if you feel the same way--certainly their infantilization of you as an "international student" seems to me to bear thinking about, but I'm hardly trying to egg you on.


...and so saying a dear friend, many oceans away has sown the seeds of a rumble. you know its like that thing- when they tell you not to think of an elephant and all you can do is you know...

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com